1 small zucchini
1 small eggplant
1 red pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ sprig thyme
¼ sprig rosemary, chopped
1 clove garlic
Salt and black pepper, to taste
3.5 ounces cream cheese with herbs
1 bunch chives
4 slices of whole grain bread
- Chop zucchini and eggplant into slices and red pepper into segments.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan and add chopped vegetables. Cook and stir constantly for 8 minutes.
- Add thyme, rosemary, and garlic to the pan and continue stir-frying for another 2 minutes. Turn oﬀ heat, season with salt and pepper to taste, and leave to cool.
- Roll the cream cheese into balls roughly the size of a walnut. Finely chop the chives and roll cheese balls in chives to coat them.
- Place the stir-fried vegetables on the bread and top with a cheese ball.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Carl Brandt, Inc.
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Sugar: 10g
Added Sugar 0g