The Oldways Plant Forward Plates Healthcare Toolkit includes the information food services professionals need to provide delicious, therapeutic 100% plant-based meal options IN HOSPITAL AND HEALTHCARE FOOD SERVICE SETTINGS.
Plant Forward Plates includes:
- over 40 recipes scaled up to 100 servings,
- therapeutic menu plans,
- HACCP instructions,
- nutritional analysis, and
- food ordering guides.
Need more information?
View a free excerpt of Plant Forward Plates (includes the full Table of Contents).
Download a Plant Forward Plates brochure.
GET YOUR COPY OF THE Plant Forward PlateS TOOLKIT
What is in the Plant Forward Plates Toolkit?
- 7-day and 1-day heart healthy, plant-based menu plan for cafeteria and patient feeding.
- 7-day and 1-day therapeutic heart healthy, plant-based menu plan for regular, low-sodium, gluten-free, carbohydrate controlled, renal, and allergies, with nutritional analysis for calories, protein, carbohydrate, carbohydrate exchanges, ﬁber, sugar, total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin K.
- 43 original, standardized, tested recipes for menus scaled to 10, 25, 50, 100 (with some exceptions based on reasonable scaling proportions), with HACCP instructions, nutritional analysis, and photography.
- Daily ordering guides for 7-day and 1-day menu, which provide purchasing sections for prepared items, and ordering amounts for recipes scaled to match recipes (10, 25, 50, 100 servings, or as indicated in recipe).
Is Plant Forward Plates a computer program?
Plant Forward Plates is a toolkit that comes as a PDF. It can be purchaed from the Oldways store. This ready-to-go toolkit gives you all the details you need to oﬀer plant-based breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks in your facility. The toolkit includes menus, tested recipes, and ordering guides. View an excerpt of Plant Forward Plates.
It is not a computer program.
I need to provide 100% plant-based meals in my facility, will this be helpful for me?
Yes, this toolkit was made for YOU! We created it to make your job easier by giving you therapeutic menu plans, tested and scaled recipes, and ordering guides.
My facility is located in a state that guarantees patients a healthful plant-based option at every meal. Will this help us comply with SB 1138 in California and S1471A/A4072 in New York?
Yes! The Plant Forward Plates Healthcare Toolkit provides you with speciﬁc information (including 40+ scaled recipes) you can use to serve heart-healthy 100% plant-based breakfasts, lunches, and dinners in your facility. The Plant Forward Plates recipes contain ingredients that are accessible, nutritious, and ﬂavorful.
How much does the Plate Forward Plates Toolkit cost?
It is currently available for only $25 (standard price is $199).
In New York during December 2020, it became law that hospital patients must be guaranteed a plant-based option at every meal. To celebrate this landmark law and to help hospitals start serving delicious, healthy plant-based meals in hospitals immediately, we are currently oﬀering Plant Forward Plates for only $25. Please encourage all Food Service Directors, Clinical Dietitians, and anyone who works in a hospitals to get a copy, and use it to quickly implement a delicious plant-based meal program. View a free excerpt of Plant Forward Plates.
Who created the Plant Forward Plates Toolkit?
The toolkit was produced by Oldways and Registered Dietitian Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN, with guidance from Oldways scientiﬁc advisory committee, which includes leading nutrition experts in plant-based nutrition.
How can I get a copy of Plant Forward Plates?
Plant Forward Plates is a digital toolkit available for purchase from the Oldways online store.
Oldways is a member of the Coalition for Plant-based Foods in Hospitals. Together with Meatless Mondays, the Humane Society of the United States, and PCRM, we help hospitals and healthcare facilities oﬀer delicious, healthy, plant-based meals. Learn more »
Ask us about Plant Forward Plates sponsorship opportunities!