Help Your Patients Get Started with Healthy Eating
Oldways creates free and low cost materials for dietitians to share with patients and clients.
Heritage Diet Pyramids
Introduce your patients to delicious and culturally-relevant healthy eating plans—Mediterranean, African Heritage, Latin American, Asian, and Vegetarian & Vegan.
Our menu plan books are easy-to-follow action plans for healthy eating, ﬁlled with satisfying, balanced, and budget-friendly meals. Order in bulk for discounts, or cobrand with us.
Celebrate Food Holidays
Whole Grain Sampling Day and #MedMonth are just a few of the fun ways we celebrate traditional foods all year-round. Learn how you and your patients can join the fun!
Browse our diverse, delicious recipe collection. Print and distribute recipes, or share in your newsletter or on social media (Please read our permissions & reprints guidelines).
Handouts & Infographics
Teach a Cooking Series
Our curricula blend nutrition and cultural history with delicious cooking techniques, in order to celebrate African heritage in communities nationwide.
Join our Mediterranean Diet Facebook Group
It’s time to put the principles of the Mediterranean Diet into practice—with the support of an online community behind you! This is a great resource for dietitians and their patients.
Continue Your Education & Connect with Health Professionals
Oldways oﬀers free and low cost educational opportunities for dietitians.
Free CPEU opportunities
Earn free continuing education credit by watching our webinars and videos.
The most up-to-date research on food, nutrition and healthy lifestyle.
Sign up for recipes, health and nutrition news, and updates about our programs.
Earn (12+) CPEU credits when you travel with us on a week-long culinary tour.
How Dietitians Use Oldways Resources
- Celebrate annual food and nutrition-themed holidays such as Mediterranean Diet Month in May and Whole Grains Month in September
- Bring grocery store tours, demo kits, and more activities to your store
- Share and reprint recipes (with permission)
- Share Mediterranean Diet materials to help you introduce patients to this gold-standard diet
- Leave handouts and brochures in patient waiting rooms and shared spaces
- Share easy-to-understand handouts related to speciﬁc health conditions, such as:
- Talk about bringing plant-based meal options to your facility’s cafeteria. The free Plant Forward Plates toolkit for hospital food service providers has all the information needed to serve delicious, therapeutic, 100% plant-based meal options in your hospital or healthcare facility.
- Teach A Taste of African Heritage cooking series. These curricula blend nutrition and cultural history with delicious cooking techniques in order to celebrate African heritage in communities across the country, with options for teaching adults and children.
- Bring grocery store tours, demo kits, and more activities to health fairs, community events, and community spaces
- Share Oldways recipes and infographics in your media appearances and on social media channels. Read up on our permissions guidelines, and tag @oldways_pt when you share our content on Instagram!
- Let’s talk about how we can collaborate to spread the word about cultural food traditions. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use Traditional Diet Pyramids in university courses and other classroom settings
- Read up on Health Studies for the latest news related to traditional diets and whole grains
- Are you doing research on whole grains or traditional diets? We’d love to connect. Send an email to email@example.com