Since 2003, the Oldways Whole Grains Council (WGC) has been helping consumers ﬁnd whole grain foods and understand their health beneﬁts; helping manufacturers and restaurants create delicious whole grain foods; and helping the media write accurate, compelling stories about whole grains. Here’s just a sampling of what we do, and how we do it:
- The Whole Grain Stamp. The WGC is probably best known for creating the Whole Grain Stamp, a packaging symbol found on thousands and thousands of products in more than ﬁfty countries. The Whole Grain Stamp makes it easy for shoppers to ﬁnd whole grain products at a glance.
- Find Whole Grains. Our online database helps you ﬁnd whole grains by listing all the products that have earned the Whole Grain Stamp. You can also ﬁnd restaurants serving whole grain options, and mail order sources for grains.
- Whole Grains 101. Health experts advise us all to eat at least half our grains as whole grains. But what IS a whole grain? And why are they so important to our health? We oﬀer handouts, brochures, Powerpoints, and all kinds of resources to help people understand the basics of whole grains.
- Events and Promotions. We get people excited about whole grains 365 days a year, and we also celebrate two special events to give extra attention to whole grains. September is Whole Grains Month, with special events and promotions all month. And the last Wednesday in March is our annual Whole Grain Sampling Day, when we work with partners worldwide to encourage people to try more delicious whole grain foods.
- Our Book. Whole Grains Around the World is a book we developed to show simple it can be to have a balanced diet that includes delicious whole grains.
Links and menus on this page take you to a separate website for the Oldways Whole Grains Council.