Oldways created the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid in 1993 (with the WHO and the Harvard School of Public Health). Since then, we’ve been actively promoting the science behind the Mediterranean Diet’s health beneﬁts and educating people about the delicious foods of the Mediterranean region.
Evidence shows that following the Med Diet can help you achieve weight management goals, lower your risk of heart disease and high blood pressure, ﬁght certain cancers and chronic diseases, avoid diabetes, and more. Plus: It’s easy, aﬀordable, and delicious!
Want to make the Med Diet part of your lifestyle? We’re here to help!
- Subscribe to our bi-weekly Fresh Fridays newsletter, with stories, recipes, and tips about enjoying the Mediterranean Diet.
- Check out our 28-day Mediterranean Diet menu plan.
- Explore our Mediterranean Diet recipe database.
- Celebrate International Mediterranean Diet Month, held every year in May.
- Learn from our database of health studies supporting the beneﬁts of the Mediterranean Diet.
- Explore our additional resources for consumers and health professionals.
- Learn about the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid.