Oldways is located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay
Using Oldways Materials: Licensing and Co-Branding
If you are interested in using any of our content for commercial purposes (in books, articles, apps, etc.), please learn more about licensing and permissions here.
If you are interested in putting your logo on our materials, please learn more about co-branding on our webstore.
Job, Internship & Volunteer Openings
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY (paid): Part-time Marketing & IT Intern
Oldways is seeking an Intern interested in marketing and nutrition, who is also technically-inclined! The Marketing & IT Intern will have responsibilities in two main areas.
Marketing: Work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications and the Marketing Coordinator to promote Oldways’ food and nutrition programs and advance our presence as a thought leader in the food and nutrition world. Examples of what you’ll do:
- Post content on the Oldways websites (blogs, recipes, online store products, etc.)
- Set up and schedule emails in Constant Contact
- Participate in all facets of social media including content creation
- Assist with our online store
IT: Serve as the IT point person for our small oﬃce. No prior IT knowledge is needed—resourcefulness is essential though. For example, you might be tasked with ﬁguring out how to use software for particular purpose, and then share what you’ve learned with the team.
- Resourcefulness, and an innate ability to ﬁgure out how to get things done
- The motivation and ability to accomplish tasks independently
- Exceptional writing skills, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Comfortable using Microsoft 365 (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with major social media platforms
- Attention to detail and an ability to juggle multiple diﬀerent projects at once
- Video editing skills are a plus
- B.A. or student studying communications, marketing, or a related ﬁeld
25 hours per week (5 hours per day)
Back Bay, Boston, MA (we are currently working remotely)
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship Application.” Applications without a cover letter or writing samples will not be considered.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES (unpaid):
We have a limited number of internship opportunities throughout the year, so we accept internship applications on a rolling basis. If you’re interested in an internship at Oldways please download our internship application, and send the completed application to Kelly Toups.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY (unpaid): Teach A Taste of African Heritage in Your Community
We ﬁrst invite you to learn more about the foundations of the program and the opportunities for volunteer teachers. If you’d like to teach the class series in your community, ﬁll out the form on our Teacher Sign Up page.