Walnut Sausage Crumble
1 cup walnuts
½ cup cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons fennel seed
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon celery salt
Walnut Sausage Pizza
1 pound pizza dough, preferable whole grain
6 tablespoons red sauce
6 tablespoons pesto
⅔ cup mozzarella cheese, divided
Walnut Sausage Crumble (recipe above), divided
¼ cup sliced small tomatoes
Fresh basil leaves
Shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Combine all Walnut Sausage ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine, until a crumbly consistency forms, like crumbled sausage.
2. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the pizza dough into six small pieces and roll each out into a thin oval and place on baking sheet.
3. Spread three of the dough pieces with red sauce, and top with equal amounts of red sauce, half the cheese, and half the sausage crumble.
4. Spread the other three doughs with pesto, remaining cheese, remaining sausage crumble, and tomatoes.
5. Bake the pizzas for 8 minutes, or until pizzas are golden brown on the edges. Garnish with basil leaves and shaved Parmesan, if desired. Slice the pizzas and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy California Walnuts
Saturated Fat: 5g