2 ½ cups grated potatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup grated onions
1 ¼ cups grated halloumi cheese
¼ cup whole grain bread crumbs
¼ cup chopped parsley
Salt, to taste
Pita bread, preferably whole grain, for serving (optional)
Honey-mustard, for serving (optional)
1. Peel the potatoes, coarsely grate, and drain in a colander to remove excess liqiud. Place in a large bowl.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions until translucent. Add the onions to the bowl with the potatoes.
3. Add the grated halloumi, bread crumbs, chopped parsley, and egg to the potato and onion mixture. Mix well, adding salt to taste. Shape into four burger patties.
4. Heat a lightly greased skillet to medium heat. Cook the burger patties for 10 minutes. Flip, and cook an additional 5-10 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Serve warm, with pita bread and honey mustard, if desired.
Total Fat: 21g (Saturated Fat: 8g)
Sugar: 3g (Added Sugar: 0g)