1 (14.5-ounce) box farfalle (bow-ties) pasta, preferably whole grain
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 butternut squash, diced into large pieces
2 zucchinis, sliced into half moons
⅓ cup grated Pecorino cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve one cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and oregano and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and sauté for another 6-8 minutes, or until lightly browned and softened.
- Add the zucchini and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid to the sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Toss the drained pasta with the sauce and cheese.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Barilla
Saturated Fat: 2g