1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ lb of okra, fresh or frozen, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup cornmeal
½ teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder or garlic granules
½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Rub a light coating of olive oil on a baking sheet.
- Thaw the okra if using frozen. This recipe calls for half of a 16 oz bag of frozen okra; pour half of the okra into a sealable plastic bag and thaw in warm water (so you won’t thaw the whole bag).
- While the okra thaws, mix the cornmeal, paprika, garlic powder, and sea salt in a bowl. Stir well, to evenly spread the ingredients.
- Once the okra is thawed, take each pod and roll it through the cornmeal and spices, covering all sides. Place all covered pods on the baking sheet.
- Bake the okra at 400°F for 25 minutes or until the bites are golden brown.
- Serve as a snack or the perfect side to a plate of other veggies, potatoes, or black-eyed peas.