Active time20 minutes
Total time45 minutes
Serving Size1/3 of recipe
1 large potato, cut into thin sticks
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced into thin rounds
1 clove garlic, minced
3 ½ ounces grams smoked ﬁrm tofu, cut into strips
1 small pinch salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten
⅙ cup black olives, sliced
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an a baking sheet or large casserole dish.
- Fill a large bowl or pot with water and a pinch of salt. Soak the potato sticks in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place on the greased sheet or dish.
- Place the potatoes on the tray inside the oven. Then, turn the oven up to 475 degrees. Cook potatoes in oven for 20 minutes, or until potato sticks are lightly brown.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, warm the two tablespoons of olive oil. Cook the sliced onions for 5-7 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook another 3-5 minutes, or until onion is transparent.
- Add the tofu strips, turn heat up to medium, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until tofu is golden.
- Add the baked potato sticks and cook 1-3 minutes.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs to the potato-tofu mixture and cook 3-5 minutes, or until the eggs are set to your liking.
- Sprinkle the olives on top and serve garnished with parsley.
Recipe and photo courtesy Meatless Monday
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Review this Recipe