Active time10 minutes
Total time40 minutes
Serving Size1/6 recipe
1 large red pepper
1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), cooked
2 tablespoons tahini
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch of paprika
Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Then, place your red pepper (whole) on a tin foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, before ﬂipping sides. Roast for another 15 minutes. At this point, there should be black spots all over the red pepper. If there aren’t, roast longer.
- Once the red pepper has been blackened, transfer into a ziplock bag and seal. Let sit for about 15 minutes. This will create steam and make it easier to remove the skin. Peel the red bell pepper. Remove any seeds from the inside and slice into large chunks.
- Place the roasted red pepper and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Serve with whole grain crackers and raw vegetables.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Crunchmaster Crackers.
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Sugar: 3g
Added Sugar 0g
Review this Recipe