1 ½ pounds eggplant
2 large garlic cloves
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons tahini
4 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Slice the eggplant(s) in half lengthwise and place in a baking dish. Peel two garlic cloves and add them to the dish, then drizzle over the olive oil. Toss to lightly coat.
3. Bake the eggplant and garlic until tender and slightly caramelized, about 30 minutes.
4. If desired, peel the eggplant. Add the eggplant and garlic to the bowl of a food processor ﬁtted with a steel blade. Process on “high” until the mixture is puréed.
5. Add the tahini, lemon juice, and salt. Process on “high” to combine well.
6. Transfer the eggplant dip to a bowl. Serve at room temparture, or cover and refrigerate to serve the dip chilled.
An Oldways recipe and photo
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Sugar: 3g (Added Sugar: 0g)