2 avocados, large, peeled and seeded.
1 (15-oz.) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for garnish, optional
Salt to taste
- Dice half the avocado and set aside.
- Mash the remaining half avocado, garbanzo beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt, and mix together until smooth. (The mixture can also be pureed in a blender or food processor.)
- Gently stir the diced avocado into the hummus mixture.
- Drizzle with avocado or olive oil if desired; serve.
- Serving suggestion: Mold the mixture into a 2-cup ring mold lined with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Unmold onto a serving platter, drizzle with avocado or olive oil and sprinkle with chopped ﬂat leaf parsley. Serve with toasted pita chips or carrot chips.
Recipe and photo courtesy the California Avocado Commission.
Saturated Fat: 1.5g