1 cup wild rice
3½ cups water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small cauliﬂower, ﬂorets only
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sumac (or sub paprika)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 clove garlic minced
½ teaspoon sea salt
4 kale leaves
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
12 ounces cherry tomatoes
1 cup ﬁnely sliced red cabbage
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
12 kalamata olives
2 medjool dates, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking tray with silicone liner or parchment.
- For the rice: Bring rice and water to a boil in a 3-quart sauce pan. Lower heat and cover. Cook for 55 minutes until tender. Remove from heat, allow to sit for 5 minutes. Drain any remaining water.
- While rice cooks, prepare cauliﬂower. In a medium bowl, stir together avocado oil, sumac (or paprika) and cumin. Add cauliﬂower ﬂorets and massage mixture in with your hands. Spread onto prepared baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes. Set aside bowl (reuse it to toss the salad).
- While rice is cooking and cauliﬂower is roasting, make dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a 16 ounce jar and shake vigorously.
- Massage kale, Remove stem from kale leaves. Tear kale leaves into small pieces and add to bowl. Add olive oil and massage for one minute. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, olives and dates.
- Assemble bowls. Divide rice, roasted cauliﬂower and salad into four large bowls. Top with dressing and enjoy.
Recipe and photo courtesy USA Rice
Total Fat: 20g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Total Sugar: 16g (Added Sugar: 0g)