1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
½ cup oat bran, or hot oat bran cereal
½ cup sunﬂower seeds
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup real maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Pinch of nutmeg
¾ cup walnut pieces
½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 275°F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, oat bran, and sunﬂower seeds.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Pour the olive oil and syrup mixture over the oats mixture.
- Spread out evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the oven. Add in the walnuts and dried cranberries, and return to the oven for a ﬁnal 20 minutes.
An Oldways recipe and photo
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Sugar: 10g (Added Sugar: 5g)