A Special Thanks to The Walmart Foundation
Many thanks to The Walmart Foundation for their generous national support of the Oldways’ African Heritage & Health program.
Recognition of Our Grocery Store Partners
The following stores have generously donated produce and/or gift cards to our A Taste of African Heritage classes. We are extremely grateful for their support. Please contact Sarah Anderson if you are interested in supporting A Taste of African Heritage.
Thanks to All of Our African Heritage & Health Partners and Aﬃliates
Oldways is fortunate to collaborate with many outstanding organizations and individuals working to foster the health and wellness of African Americans by reaching into communities and oﬀering services and information. Their dedication to creating real, positive change is inspirational, and we are honored to work with them and to support them in their missions.
Oldways recognizes and thanks the following organizations for incorporating the African Heritage Diet and Taste of African Heritage curriculum within their work, and for their help in spreading our message of health through heritage.
Philadelphia Project Pilot 2015-2016 Partners
Special thanks to these partner organizations for oﬀering a continual home to the A Taste of African Heritage program.
- 11th Street Family Services Center of Drexel University
- The Agatston Urban Nutrition Initiative
- Community Center at Visitation
- Einstein Medical Center Women and Children’s Services
- Feast of Justice
- The Free Library of Philadelphia Culinary Literacy Center
- The Free Library of Philadelphia Olney Branch
- The Food Trust
- The Health Annex
- Urban Nutrition Initiative
- Sunday Suppers/ SHARE Food Program
- Health Promotions Council
ATOAH Workshop Pilot 2015-2016 Partner
Special thanks to The NHP Foundation and its Operation Pathways Program for helping us pilot new ATOAH follow-up workshops, which will help to support students long after graduation.
National Partners and Original Pilot Host Sites
- African American Health Council of Southeastern Connecticut, New London, CT
- American Society for Nutrition
- Black Health TV
- Boston Housing Authority, Boston, MA
- COA Youth & Family Services Center, Milwaukee, WI
- Delta Fresh Foods, Mississippi Delta
- First Light Christian Fellowship’s Body and Soul Program, Marion, IA
- The George Washington Carver Museum, Austin, TX
- The Harambee Institute of Science and Technology Charter School, Philadelphia, PA
- Health Power For Minorities
- The Illinois African American Coalition for Prevention
- Ledge Light Health District, New London, CT
- The Links, Inc.
- The Martin Luther King Jr. School, Dorchester, MA
- Miriam’s House, Lynchburg, VA
- The Mississippi State Department of Health
- The National Black Child Development Initiative (NBCDI)
- NativSol Kitchen, Washington, D.C.
- National Organization of Blacks In Dietetics And Nutrition (NOBIDAN)
- Paradise Childcare Center, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- PMMM Urban Agriculture Initiative, Philadelphia, PA
- River Road African American Museum, Donaldsonville, LA
- SANDE Youth Project, Austin, TX
- Sankofa Natural Hair and Health, Tyler, TX
- Share Our Strength
- The Walmart Foundation
Many thanks also to the African Heritage and Health Advisory Committee.