In these uncertain times, we want to share two things that we know to be certain:
- We are grateful for you and the amazing A Taste of African Heritage community that you are a part of.
- We are concerned about your well-being, so we want to encourage practicing social distancing and self care including doing the activities that give you joy, hope, and a sense of purpose.
In light of this and in response to your requests, we have put together the following guidance for teaching A Taste of African Heritage (ATOAH) and A Children’s Taste of African Heritage (ACTOAH) in these challenging times.
- We recommend teachers transition to a virtual learning environment.
- Virtual classes must be taught “live” (streaming vs. recorded), and have a way for students to ask questions in real time and participate in the class virtually.
- Excellent options for streaming live virtual classes include: Google Hangouts, Skype, Zoom, Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Whatsapp, and more.
- Replays, recorded, and pre-recorded videos of classes cannot under any circumstances be posted online. Recorded videos cannot be posted on Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, or other video sharing services.
Reach out to Kamisha (Kamisha@oldwayspt.org) if you have any questions, have an idea to share, and to let us know how your streaming classes are going! Wishing you good health and good luck with your classes!