1 box whole grain spaghetti
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 cup chopped white onion
2 cups diced zucchini
2 cups diced yellow squash
1 bunch asparagus, coarsely chopped
1 cup julienned yellow bell pepper
3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
4 leaves fresh basil, torn
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Using the side of a knife, gently press garlic and peel. Add garlic to the skillet and sauté until slightly brown, about 1 minute.
- Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until translucent. Add bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, and asparagus and sauté until heated but not completely cooked. Add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, sauté for 2 additional minutes
- Remove garlic clove and discard.
- Cook whole grain spaghetti according to the package directions.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Toss with vegetables and add fresh basil before serving
Recipe, content and photo courtesy of Barilla. For more recipes, visit Barilla.
Saturated Fat: 1g