1 box vegetable penne
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cups butternut squash small diced
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 leek cut in thin rounds
½ fennel bulb sliced thin
1 pint grape tomatoes halved
2 tablespoons toasted pistachios chopped
Garnish fennel frond
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- On a baking sheet, season butternut squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté leeks with the remaining olive oil until they turn golden.
- Add fennel and grape tomatoes, cook over high heat for three minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in roasted butternut squash.
- Cook pasta 2 minutes under the recommended cooking time on package directions, reserving one cup of cooking water.
- Toss pasta for two minutes with the veggie sauce and ½ cup cooking water.
- Remove from heat.
- Place pasta in serving dish, top with pistachios and garnish with fennel fronds.
Recipe, content, and photo courtesy of Barilla
15g saturated fat