Active time30 minutes
12 ounces whole grain rotini pasta
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ small onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
5 leaves fresh mint
1 ¼ pound head of cauliﬂower
½ cup Pecorino Toscano cheese, grated
Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
¾ teaspoon red chili pepper ﬂakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Cook the whole grain rotini according to package instructions and drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a 14-18-inch skillet over medium heat until the oil just begins to smoke. Add the onion, red bell pepper and mint. Cook until soft, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the leaves and core from the cauliﬂower head and chop into ¼-inch pieces. Cut the ﬂorets into similar sizes.
- Add the cauliﬂower to the skillet and cook, stirring regularly for about 12 to 15 minutes, until the cauliﬂower is softened and light brown but not mushy.
- Add the hot pasta to the skillet with the cauliﬂower and toss. Add the grated cheese, black pepper and salt to taste, and red chili pepper ﬂakes. Toss to coat and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Barilla.
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Review this Recipe