1 cup brown rice
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
2 carrots, diced
1 tablespoon ginger
2 cloves garlic
1 cup peas, defrosted if frozen
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 scallions, sliced
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- When the rice is ﬁnished cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil in a large wok over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook until they begin to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the wok, and add the remaining tablespoon of canola oil to wok and heat over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the cooked rice and the peas and stir until well combined with the vegetables, using a spatula to break up any clumps of rice.
- When the mixture is well combined and the rice and peas are coated with oil, make a well in the center of the rice and pour the beaten eggs into it. Scramble them, then stir them into the rice.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and scallions and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning.
An Oldways Whole Grains Council recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Sugar: 3g (Added Sugar: 0g)