1 pound asparagus
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1 ½ teaspoons ginger, grated
1 ½ teaspoons honey
1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons chopped almonds (optional)
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Prepare the asparagus by washing and breaking (or cutting) oﬀ the woody stems.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, honey, and sesame oil, and set aside.
- Roughly chop the almonds, if using, and set aside. If using, toast the sesame seeds in a small skillet, being careful not to burn them. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil to a medium skillet and heat on medium for 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus and cook while stirring for 3 minutes. It should be softened but still crunchy.
- Drizzle the lime juice and soy sauce mixture over the asparagus, and add the chopped almonds and sesame seeds on top. Add salt and pepper to taste.
An Oldways recipe and photo, courtesy Sara Baer-Sinnott
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Sugar: 4g
Added Sugar: 2g