1 (12-ounce) raw sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
1 cup cooked quinoa
½ cup walnuts
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup ﬂour, preferably whole grain
Olive oil, for frying
½ teaspoon ground cumin,
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup tahini
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Sea salt, to taste
4 cups loosely packed curly kale, very coarsely chopped
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup julienned carrots
1 avocado, sliced
Toasted chopped walnuts, optional garnish
Minced red onion, optional garnish
- Place sweet potato in a food processor and pulse until ﬁnely minced. Add quinoa, walnuts, and seasonings and pulse until all pieces are uniform in size.
- Add ﬂour and egg, and pulse again until well mixed, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Shape the mixture into 16 equal balls. (Using wet hands will keep mixture from sticking.)
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet or pot until very hot. Cooking in batches, fry falafel balls for a few minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Let drain on a paper towel-lined tray.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place equal amounts of kale, quinoa, carrots and avocado into 4 large salad bowls. Place 4 falafel in each and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with walnuts and onion, if desired.
Total Fat: 28g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Total Sugar: 11g (Added Sugar: 3g)