3 ½ — 4 cups sprouted whole wheat ﬂour
5 large eggs
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
4 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt and pepper to taste
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 cup of the ﬂour and the remaining pasta dough ingredients; mix on low for 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough of the remaining ﬂour to make a soft dough; remove it from the bowl and knead it until it is smooth and not sticky, about 10 minutes, adding more ﬂour as needed. The dough may also be mixed by hand.
- Wrap the dough in waxed paper and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Work with half the dough at a time, and keep the other half covered. On a lightly-ﬂoured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle ⅛” thick. Cut the dough lengthwise in ⅜-inch-wide strips and let the strips air-dry on a cloth for 15 minutes before cooking. Roll out and cut the remaining dough.
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablesoons oil and 1 teaspoon salt to the boiling water. Gently place the pasta in the boiling water and cook until al dente, 2-5 minutes. Drain and top with the tomatoes, parsley, and chives; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: For vegan pasta, 1 ¼ cups water may be substituted for the eggs. For green pasta, add ½ cup cooked, squeezed-dry, ﬁnely-chopped spinach with the ﬂour.
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Sugars: 3g (Added Sugar: 0g)