1 cup chickpea ﬂour
1 cup water
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
½ cup curly green kale, chopped
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ cup chunks of feta (optional)
- Add ﬂour, salt, pepper, and water to a large bowl. Stir to combine and place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet carefully. Add extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir chickpea ﬂour mixture once more and add to hot skillet. Top with olives, anchovies, and kale.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the edges are brown and crisp, add oregano.
- (Optional) If you add the feta, turn the broiler on and place skillet back in the oven. Allow cheese to melt for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Cut the socca into slices and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Emilia Petrucci and Oldways. Media: contact us for permission to reprint and for a hi-res image.
Total Fat: 10.1g
Saturated Fat: 1.3g
Added Sugar: 0g