¾ pound bucatini (or whole wheat ziti)
¼ cup olive oil
2 poblano chile peppers, seeded and diced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 small zucchini squash, diced
1 pound medium shrimp
Juice of 1 fresh lime
Salt and pepper
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the poblano and garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 10 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Cover with a lid and allow it to soften further, for another 10 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Uncover the skillet, add the shrimp and cook until ﬁrm and pink, for no more than 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cooked bucatini and the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute.
Saturated Fat: 2g