8 ounces cooked tilapia or any leftover white, ﬂaky ﬁsh
1 teaspoon lemon pepper or your favorite ﬁsh seasoning
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 lemon slices, cut in circles
2 ¼ cups fresh or frozen roasted corn kernels
¼ cup ﬁnely chopped red onion
⅓ cup ﬁnely chopped red bell pepper
⅓ cup chopped cilantro
Olive oil for drizzling
2 teaspoons lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
4 burrito-size whole wheat ﬂour tortillas
⅓ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup shredded lettuce
Prepare the ﬁsh:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Tear a 12”x12” square of aluminum foil. Place ﬁlets in foil and season with lemon pepper on both sides. Drizzle with olive oil and place lemon slices on top. Wrap the foil tightly and place the packet on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the ﬁsh ﬂakes. If using leftover ﬁsh, heat in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.
Make the fresh corn salsa:
- Place a cast-iron skillet on high heat for 5 minutes. Add fresh corn and roast, shaking pan continuously until charred. Skip this step if using frozen roasted corn.
- In a bowl combine the corn, red onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mix together until combined. Cover and set aside until needed.
Assemble the wrap:
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of black beans on a warm tortilla, then slightly mash them using the back of a spoon to make a paste.
- Add the tilapia, corn salsa, and lettuce on top.
- Wrap into a burrito.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute