1 pound ground lamb
Salt and pepper to taste
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon coriander
1 garlic clove, smashed and chopped
½ cup parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons oregano, chopped
1 cup roasted red tomatoes, drained (reserve 3 tablespoons of the marinade)
1 red onion, cut into rings
12 whole wheat burger buns (small or slider-sized)
Tzatziki sauce to serve
- In a large bowl, combine lamb, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic, parsley, and oregano.
- Form the mixture into 12 small patties and refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
- Brush the reserved tomato marinade over both sides of the lamb patties, and grill until browned on each side and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove patties and allow to rest.
- Brush the onion slices with tomato marinade, season with salt and pepper, and grill until browned on each side and softened, about 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Lightly toast the cut sides of the rolls.
- Spread tzatziki on bottom half of roll and top with lamb burger, onions, and a few of the roasted tomatoes.
Recipe and photo courtesy Food Match.
Saturated Fat: 4g