1 pound whole wheat pizza dough (if using frozen, thaw beforehand)
4 ounces goat cheese
⅔ cup blueberries
2 ears corn, husked and kernels removed (about 1 cup of fresh kernels)
2 small yellow squash, sliced (about 2 cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F, or according to dough package instructions.
- On a lightly ﬂoured surface, roll the dough out with a rolling pin to form a pizza crust shape. You may make one large pizza, 2 medium pizzas or 4 small pizzas.
- Evenly crumble the goat cheese over the pizza dough, spreading it around with a knife or your ﬁngers.
- Layer the pizza with blueberries, corn, and squash slices, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until the pizza reaches the desired level of doneness. The squash should soften and the crust should take on a more golden brown color.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with fresh basil.
An Oldways/Whole Grains Council recipe and photo, courtesy of Kelly Toups. View the complete blog post here. This recipe is available for reproduction with credit. Hi-Res photos available upon request.