Active time5 minutes
Total time1 hour 30 minutes
Serving Size1/6 of recipe
- 2 acorn squash
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the squashes thoroughly, and cut each squash in half lengthwise from the stem to the bottom. No need to cut through the stem—just crack the squash in half, and it will separate.
- Remove the seeds and pulp with a spoon, and coat the inside of each squash liberally with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Place the squashes in a preheated oven, and bake for 50-60 minutes. Test with fork before removing from heat; the squash should be very tender.
- Slice and serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Recipe courtesy the North American Olive Oil Association. Photo by Kim Daniels on Unsplash.