12 ounces whole grain rotini pasta
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 bunch of asparagus, sliced at an angle
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt, divided
Black pepper to taste
½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta one minute less than required, drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place on a sheet tray to cool down.
- Meanwhile, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, season with some salt and pepper, and slowly cook until the onions have caramelized, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Once everything has cooled down, in a large bowl combine the pasta with asparagus, caramelized onions, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- When you are ready to serve the dish, fold in the crumbled goat cheese.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Barilla.
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 4g