1 bag (14 ounces) of artichoke hearts (fresh or frozen)
½ cup of fresh orange juice
1 bunch of lettuce and spinach or Rocca
Zest of one orange
Zest of one lemon
1 teaspoon of mustard
10 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Juice of ½ a lemon
Juice of ½ an orange
Salt and white pepper to taste
Walnuts and dried lemon or orange slices
Feta or Bulgarian cheese
- Cut the artichoke hearts into quarters (4 pieces each).
- In a saucepan, bring the orange juice, salt, and white pepper to a boil.
- Boil the artichoke quarters for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain the artichokes after boiling.
- In a small dish, prepare the dressing: whisk together the mustard, olive oil, lemon juice and orange juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the leafy greens, and then top with the drained and cooked artichokes. Sprinkle with the zest of orange and lemon.
- Drizzle some of the mustard dressing over the salad, and serve the rest on the side.
- To decorate, add walnuts and dried lemon or orange slices, and/or cheese.
Recipe and photo courtesy Al Wadi Al Akhdar.
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 9g