½ cup olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
5 medium potatoes, chopped into medium-sized cubes
4 carrots, chopped into medium-sized cubes
½ head cabbage, sliced
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon mace
¼ teaspoon allspice
⅛ teaspoon cardamom
salt to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until warm.
- Sauté potatoes ﬁrst, and when slightly tender add the onions and cook over medium heat for ﬁve minutes or until onions are translucent. Separate in a dish.
- In the same skillet, heat the rest of the oil and sauté the carrots, allowing them to become tender. Add cabbage and allow to cook for another ﬁfteen minutes or until cabbage shrinks down.
- Return the potato and onion mix back to the skillet and combine with the carrots and cabbage. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Stir in spices and turn down to low heat; warm through for 2-3 minutes before serving.
An Oldways recipe. Media: contact us for permission to reprint.
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 31g