1 package puﬀ pastry, large squares
14 ounces boneless lamb leg, roughly ground
1 small onion, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1 large tomato, diced
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, combine meat, onion, yogurt, tomato, pine nuts, pomegranate molasses and spices.
3. Flour your surface and lay out the puﬀ pastry. Spoon 2 tablespoons of meat mixture into the center of each square. Pinch together four corners of the dough to make square-shaped pies, leaving the top open.
4. Transfer the pies to the baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes until the meat is cooked through and the pastry is golden brown.
5. Serve with yogurt, and drizzle more pomegranate molasses on top if desired.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Al Wadi Al Akhdar.
Total Fat: 31g
Saturated Fat: 11g
Total Sugars: 8g (Added Sugar: 5g)