2 ½ cups canned gigandes beans in vinaigrette
8 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
Fine sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 large tomato, cut into ¼” dice
2 tablespoons celery heart, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
¼ teaspoon red pepper ﬂakes
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan.
- Drain the beans in a sieve over a bowl and keep a few tablespoons of the marinade for later use. Set aside.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then coat with the olive oil.
- Grill the shrimp over direct medium heat until opaque but tender, about 3 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Toss the tomatoes with the beans and place on a platter or individual plates. Season with salt.
- Place the shrimp on top of the beans and drizzle some of the reserved marinade on top. Scatter the celery, parsley, and red pepper ﬂakes on top. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy of FoodMatch.
Total Fat: 26g
Saturated Fat: 4g