1 box ( 16 ounces) Fideo Cut Spaghetti, whole wheat
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
3 cans chickpeas, low sodium
3 quarts chicken stock
1 can (14 oz) chopped tomatoes
2 teaspoons parsley, chiﬀonade
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté chopped onions and thyme in olive oil until translucent, about ﬁve minutes. Add chopped garlic, cook additional two minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas (reserve 1 cup of chickpeas for garnish), broth, and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for ten minutes.
- In batches, process the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Add mixture to pot.
- Add the reserved chickpeas and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for half of the recommended cooking time on the box.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Before serving, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with parsley.
Recipe and photo courtesy Barilla