Active time2 hours
For the forcemeat:
10 ½ oz bacon
7 ounces lean veal
7 ounces calves’ liver
½ cup ﬂour
⅞ cup milk
1 teaspoon dried or 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
Ground black pepper
16 oz chicken breast
For the form:
8 oz thinly sliced bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the bacon, veal, liver and onion in small pieces and put it all in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped (you don’t want a purée.).
- Mix with egg, ﬂour, milk, thyme and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips (about ¼” wide).
- Line a loaf pan with most of the bacon slices. Arrange the strips of chicken breast and forcemeat in layers in the form, beginning and ending with chicken breast. Put the rest of the bacon on top as a “lid”.
- Bake the pâté for about 1 ½ hours.
- Serve the pâté cold, with pickled cucumbers, cornichons or fresh sliced cucumbers, and French bread.
Saturated Fat: 4g
Review this Recipe