2 heads broccoli, chopped into ﬂorets
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup pine nuts
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon red pepper ﬂakes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 385°F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread out broccoli ﬂorets and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 2 halves of a lemon. Roast for 25 minutes.
- While broccoli is roasting, turn a saucepan to low heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until it is fragrant.
- Add pine nuts. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until they start to turn slightly golden brown. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix broccoli with garlic and pine nuts. Squeeze lemon juice and combine well.
- Top with lemon zest and red pepper ﬂakes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Emilia Petrucci and Oldways. Media: contact us for permission to reprint and for a hi-res image.
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Added Sugar: 0g