1 chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise and pounded ﬂat to about ½ to ¾ inch thick
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
Salt and black pepper to taste
4 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
2 cups broccoli ﬂorets
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup pesto sauce
14 ounces whole grain spaghetti
- Combine the chicken breast with 2 garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, black pepper, and 2 sprigs of thyme in a small bowl and marinate for about 2 hours.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the remaining garlic in the remaining olive oil. Just before the garlic turns yellow, after about 1 minute, add the broccoli ﬂorets and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and sauté for 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, grill the marinated chicken breast over high heat, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Let it rest on a plate.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain, and toss with vegetables and pesto sauce. Slice the chicken breast and place on top. Garnish with remaining thyme leaves.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Barilla.