1 pound bucatini, whole wheat if available
⅓ cup olive oil
2 poblano chile peppers, seeded and diced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 small zucchini squash, diced
1pound medium shrimp
Juice of 1 lime
Kosher or sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the poblano pepper and garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 10 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and allow to soften further, another 10 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Uncover the skillet and add the shrimp; cook until ﬁrm and pink, no more than 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in juice of 1 fresh lime. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe and photo by: Jennifer McGuire, MS, RD National Fisheries Institute
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 59g