1 large very ripe plantain
¼ cup scallions, chopped
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
¼ teaspoon chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or griddle on medium-low heat.
- In a small bowl mash the plantain with a fork until smooth and add the scallions.
- In a large bowl mix the egg and egg whites together. Then and add garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the plantain and scallions into the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter on the hot pan and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook until golden brown on the other side. Repeat with the remaining pancake batter, making about 4 mini pancakes total.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Brianne Brathwaite
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Sugar: 17g (Added Sugar: 0g)