3 cups (585g) cooked brown rice
¼ cup (40g) golden raisins
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 salmon ﬁllets (6 ounces/170g each), skin removed
1 medium fresh fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
1 small red onion, thinly sliced in 8 rounds
Juice of 1 orange
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine rice, raisins, orange zest, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in medium bowl.
- Place 4 sheets of foil (12” x 12”) on large baking sheet.
- Spoon equal amounts of rice mixture in center of each sheet. Top rice with salmon; sprinkle lightly with additional salt and pepper.
- Top salmon with equal amounts of fennel and arrange onion slices over fennel. Squeeze juice from one orange evenly over all and drizzle with oil.
- Wrap foil over contents and pinch ends tightly to form individual packets; broil 6 to 7 inches from heat source 20 minutes or until salmon is opaque in center.
David Dahlman — 2007 “Rice to the Rescue!” Recipe Contest Winner. Courtesy of USA Rice Federation.
Total Fat: 19g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Sugars: 11g (Added Sugar: 0g)