15 ounces ricotta
1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated, divided
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
2 cups marinara sauce
1 pound lasagna noodles (whole wheat), cooked according to package directions
4-6 roasted red peppers, sliced
1 cup artichoke quarters
2 ½ cups mozzarella, shredded, divided
Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, egg, and oregano.
- To assemble, coat the bottom of a 13” x 9” baking pan with a thin layer of marinara sauce.
- Arrange 4 noodles in the bottom of the pan, slightly overlapping each noodle.
- Arrange half of the peppers and artichokes on top of the ﬁrst layer of noodles.
- Spread half of the ricotta mixture over the top, and carefully spread out to the edges of the pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella, followed by ⅓ of the marinara sauce
- Repeat with another layer of 4 noodles, a layer of peppers and artichokes, mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, and sauce.
- Top the lasagna with an additional layer of noodles, the remaining sauce, and sprinkle with remaining Parmigiano Reggiano and mozzarella cheeses
- Bake for 1 hour, and let rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
Recipe and photo courtesy of FoodMatch.com
Total fat: 14g
Saturated fat: 7g
Total sugars: 4g
Added sugars: 0g