Whole Grain Linguine
8 ounces uncooked whole grain linguine
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
The rind of one lemon, ﬁnely grated
½ cup quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
¼ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
Quick Chicken Piccata
4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
⅓ cup white wine
⅔ cup fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoon chopped parsley or cilantro
- Cook linguine according to package instructions. Drain; stir in olive oil, lemon rind, tomatoes and salt. Cover and keep warm.
- Pound each chicken breast to ½-inch thickness using a meat mallet or heavy skillet. Sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook for 4 minutes per side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet and loosely cover with foil.
- Add wine to pan and cook until liquid has almost evaporated, stirring to loosen any browned bits in skillet. Stir in broth, lemon juice and garlic; simmer until liquid has reduced to about ½ cup.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in parsley or cilantro and capers. Serve chicken and pan sauce over linguine.
Recipe courtesy of Kathryn Conrad, WGC Culinary Advisor.
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Sugar: 2g (Added Sugar: 0g)