3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced into 6 slices
½ of an 8.5 ounce jar of sun dried tomato halves in olive oil, drained but reserve oil for later
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 sprig rosemary, de-stemmed
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
3 cloves fresh garlic
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally, place in a large freezer bag or between two pieces of plastic wrap, and pound chicken to about ¼ inch thick (the bottom of a large mason jar is a good pounding tool). Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat and sauté mushrooms and rosemary until mushrooms are softened and browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- In a food processor, place the contents of the sauté pan (including juices), Kalamata olives, 5-6 sun dried tomato halves, 2 tablespoons of oil from the sun dried tomato jar, oregano, basil and garlic. Pulse for 10 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Spread the chicken breasts out and spoon 1 tablespoon of the sun dried tomato mixture on the top, layer with a piece of mozzarella and roll the chicken into itself. Place the roll onto a baking sheet (seam side down) and top with another slice of mozzarella, the remaining sun dried tomato mixture and one sun dried tomato half.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let rest for 6-8 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Bella Sun Luci.
Total Fat: 26g
Saturated Fat: 10g