3 tablespoons butter
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup dried cranberries
2 cups grilled sliced chicken breast
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
3 cups cooked medium or long grain brown rice
1 6-ounce package, about 5-6 cups, fresh baby arugula*
½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in maple syrup and cranberries; cook 1 minute.
2. Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute or until hot; remove chicken using slotted spoon.
3. Add rice and toss to coat; remove from heat.
4. Toss in arugula; spoon rice mixture onto platter. Top with chicken and cheese. Serve immediately.
* Spinach may be substituted for arugula.
* Packaged refrigerated grilled chicken strips may be used.
Teresa Ralston – “Rev Up Your Rice!” Recipe Contest Grand Prize & “Best Whole Grain Rice” Recipe. Courtesy of USA Rice Federation.
Total Fat: 19 g
(Saturated Fat: 10 g)
Sodium: 630 mg
Carbohydrate: 63 g
Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 31 g.