Active time45 minutes
Total time45 minutes
24 cloves garlic, peeled
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Dash kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 tablespoons white whole wheat ﬂour
3 cups nonfat milk
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1 (16-ounce) box linguine, preferably whole grain
6 cups bite-sized broccoli ﬂorets
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 small yellow onions, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 cup vinho verde wine
4 ounces black pepper pecorino cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine 24 cloves of garlic, olive oil, Kosher salt and black pepper. Toss until well combined. Place in a small casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes, or until garlic is golden brown.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Add ﬂour and stir for one minute. In another medium saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium heat. Slowly whisk milk into butter and ﬂour mixture and continue to cook for 3 minutes until thickened. Whisk in nutmeg and Parmigiano Reggiano and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, bring 1 quart of water to boil and cook broccoli ﬂorets for 2 minutes. Drain and toss with lemon zest.
- Remove garlic from the oven and place into a large saucepan or pot over medium high heat. Add onions and celery and sauté until translucent. Add wine and reduce until liquid is almost evaporated. Add the broccoli ﬂorets and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add white sauce and pasta and toss until well combined. Top with grated black pepper pecorino cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Barilla. Photo courtesy of Lou Manna for Barilla.
Saturated Fat: 6g
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe