1 cup prepared cornﬂake crumbs
1 cup spinach, minced in food processor
2 tablespoons salt-free all-purpose seasoning (or salad seasoning)
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 tilapia ﬁllets (approximately 2 ½ pounds), rinsed and patted dry
Cracked white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toast cornﬂake crumbs over medium-high heat in a hot cast iron or stainless steel skillet. Move pan around constantly to prevent crumbs from burning. When crumbs are golden brown, turn oﬀ heat and set crumbs aside. (If you can ﬁnd pre-toasted crumbs, you’ll save time.)
- Mix spinach, all-purpose seasoning, and crumbs in a bowl.
- Pour the olive oil in a small bowl. Place the ﬁsh on clean cutting board used only for ﬁsh and/or meats. Brush each ﬁllet with olive oil.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of the spinach and herb mixture on top of each ﬁllet. With damp hands, spread and gently press spinach and herbs over the whole ﬁllet. Sprinkle a pinch of Kosher salt over each ﬁllet and follow with cracked white pepper.
- Spread parchment paper over a large baking sheet (or spray large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray). Gently transfer ﬁllets to baking sheet or dish.
- Bake ﬁllets in the oven for 10 minutes for every 1-inch of thickness of the ﬁsh. Remove ﬁsh from the oven when it ﬂakes easily with a fork.
You can easily make this recipe meatless by substituting extra-ﬁrm tofu for the tilapia.
Recipe by: Alaiyo Kiasi-Barnes, Pescetarian Journal Author
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 5g