1 teaspoon olive oil
⅓ cup diced onion
½ generous teaspoon of curry powder or Garam Masala, according to taste
½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
dash of cayenne pepper, according to taste
pinch of salt, according to taste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 ounces sun dried tomatoes (reserving ¼ cup)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
⅓ cup water
7 ounces of Greek yogurt
¼ cup diced thin skinned cucumber
¼ cup diced Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes (that had been set aside from the chutney)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
⅓ cup diced tart green apple
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
¼ teaspoon grated garlic (1 small clove)
¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
4 salmon ﬁllets
2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Both the chutney and the yogurt cream can be made well ahead.
- Make the chutney by sauteing over low heat the onions in the olive oil until translucent, stir in the curry, ginger, cayenne, salt and brown sugar and saute for another minute.
- Chop the Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes (reserving ¼ cup) and add them with the lemon juice and water.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the yogurt cream.
- Lightly dust the salmon ﬁllets with the cumin and broil the ﬁsh until the cumin just starts to bubble.
- If using thick ﬁllets turn the broiler oﬀ and allow the ﬁsh to ﬁnish cooking in the warm oven for a few minutes.
- Serve the warm salmon topped with a large dollop of the yogurt cream with the chutney as an accompaniment on the side. Garnish as desired.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Mooney Farms
Total Fat: 27g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Total Sugar: 15g (Added Sugar: 3g)